Posts Tagged 6.5
I don’t want to go through a step by step procedure to upgrade from your current version of Veeam Backup & Replication to the latest version, but I would like to go through the procedure that I have followed in my environment and hope you will be benefit.
1. Stop Veeam Services.
2. Backup SQL Database
3. Upgrade SQL Express 2005 to SQL Express 2008 R2 by initiating this in the CMD SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe /action=upgrade
4. Once it’s done, start veeam Services.
5. Upgrade Enterprise Manager first if you are using it.
6. Upgrade Veeam Backup & Replication.
7. Launch Veeam Console and you will be prompt it with agent upgrade to upgrade the Repository Servers and Proxy Servers.
8. Just make sure everything is back to normal, jobs, logs, configuration run a job test to make sure everything is fine.
Unable to allocate processing resources. Error: No backup proxy is able to backup this VM. Check processing mode settings on proxies.
Are you seeing this error when you try to back up your VMs with Veeam Backup & Replication 6.5 in Direct SAN Mode? Does your Proxy Servers sees the VMFS LUNs where you are fetching the VMs Data to the Backup Mode?
This error is generated because the Veeam Configured to backup VMs via Direct SAN Access “Using source proxy VMware Backup Proxy [san] and the Proxy doesn’t have access to the VMFS LUNs.
To sort out this issue;
1. Make sure your Proxy Server can see the VMFS LUNs inside the Disk Management of the Windows.
2. Make sure the Proxy configured as Direct SAN Access.
3. Make sure the Direct SAN Access Proxy is selected in the Backup Job Configuration / Storage Section.
4. If you are still getting the error and failing to process the backup further, Open the Proxy Configuration under Backup Infrastructure -> Backup Proxies and select the desire proxy.
Right Click on the Desired Proxy and Select Properties in the Selected DataStores, select the VMFS LUNs which contains the target Backup VMs manually and try..
Hope it helps..