Posts Tagged Upgrade
The operation is not supported on the selected inventory Objects. Check the events for the objects selected
If you get the error “The operation is not supported on the selected inventory objects. Check the events for the objects selected for the operation” when you try to remediate a host you will also find the following entry in the eventlogs:
- The host is part of VMWare HA.
- The host is part of DRS Cluster
- The host is enabled with Admission Control.
- Disable all of the above services
- Scan the host for Updates.
- Remediate the host again and the Remediate entity should do its job.
When using vSphere Update Manager to upgrade an ESXi 5.x host, the remediation fails with the error:
Software or system configuration of host hostname is incompatible. Check scan results for details.
If you look at the Update Manager, Status Details, you might find a conflicting VIBs;
The upgrade contains the following set of conflicting VIBs:
Remove the conflicting VIBs or use Image Builder to create a custom upgrade ISO image that contains the newer versions of the conflicting VIBs, and try to upgrade again.
Remove the conflicting VIBs, and reboot your host. Scan again for Updates and the Compliance Status should changed from Incompatible to Non-Compliance.
~ # esxcli software vib list | grep HUA
hio 188.8.131.52-1OEM.5184.108.40.2061820 HUAWEI VMwareCertified 2015-09-19
~ # esxcli software vib remove -n hio
Message: The update completed successfully, but the system needs to be rebooted for the changes to be effective.
Reboot Required: true
VIBs Removed: HUAWEI_bootbank_hio_220.127.116.11-1OEM.518.104.22.1681820
~ # reboot
I don’t want to go through a step by step procedure to upgrade from your current version of Veeam Backup & Replication to the latest version, but I would like to go through the procedure that I have followed in my environment and hope you will be benefit.
1. Stop Veeam Services.
2. Backup SQL Database
3. Upgrade SQL Express 2005 to SQL Express 2008 R2 by initiating this in the CMD SQLEXPR_x64_ENU.exe /action=upgrade
4. Once it’s done, start veeam Services.
5. Upgrade Enterprise Manager first if you are using it.
6. Upgrade Veeam Backup & Replication.
7. Launch Veeam Console and you will be prompt it with agent upgrade to upgrade the Repository Servers and Proxy Servers.
8. Just make sure everything is back to normal, jobs, logs, configuration run a job test to make sure everything is fine.